Monday, October 1, 2012

Lou Lou's Shop 'Til You Drop Event

A couple weeks ago, I went to an event called "Shop 'Til You Drop" with my sister, Gabi, my friend Alex from Bodega Goods. We arrived an hour and a half early so we could get the "deluxe swag bags" they were handing out to the first 250 people in line. We had heard from people who had been to this event before that the deluxe swag bags always had great things in them, so we were pretty stoked. So at 4 pm, wristbands were handed out to the first 250 guests in line, YES! We were #186,7 and 8. PHEW. Now all we had to do was wait for another hour to get them :/

As the minutes turned into hours, the people just kept on forming into the huge line. I'm  thinking there were at least 500 people in line. All I can say is that I'm happy I had water and snacks in my purse because the waiting got intense.

Finally the line started moving, and we got out "deluxe swag bag!" There was no time to check out the goodies since we kept on walking into the "lounge" were Lou Lou's editor was presenting some Fall 2012 trends, which we honestly didn't pay any attention too! We were too busy grabbing and stuffing our faces with candy and POP CHIPS. 

In the lounge we got to put on bright colorful wigs and fun accessories to take cute photo booth pictures, gracias to POP CHIPS. I seriously want a purple wig to wear out sometimes, I liked how I looked in it, lol. We ate some more POP CHIPS, had some Orange Julius samples, got a hand massage and even got screen protectors put on our iPhones.
We then headed out to some of the participating retail stores that were handing out Shop 'Til You Drop goodies, like cupcakes, drinks, and manicures. We really had fun at one of the stores that had a photo booth and fun masks, like Obama and Hilary Clinton! Ahahaha, you know we rocked those masks, it was so much fun. 

A couple rounds and we were exhausted, had to call it a night and take the train home, but not before one last game of "spin the wheel and win a prize." Hehehe, skittles, a mirror and a gift card were won ;)

When I got home I dug right  into my "deluxe swag bag, and was pleased to see that ALL of the products were NEW TO ME, I haven't tried any of these brands/products before. I am really looking forward to trying the Matrix Biolage shampoo and conditioner, I've heard great things about this brand. I'm also looking forward to trying out the Batiste Dry Shampoo. HAVE ANY OF YOU TRIED DRY SHAMPOO BEFORE? What are your thoughts?

So what was in the "deluxe swag bag?"

  • MATRIX BIOLAGE (Hydratherapie line): Hydrating Shampoo (Full Size)
  • MATRIX BIOLAGE (Hydratherapie line): Conditioning Balm (Full Size)
  • Batiste: Dry Shampoo (Travel Size)
  • John Frieda: 3 Day Straight Semi Permanent Styling Spray (Travel Size)
  • Bath & Body Work: Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion (Travel Size) 
  • Thomas Sabo: Nail Polish$20 Gift Card to Guess
  • $10 Gift Card to Metropolis/Metrotown mall
  • Compact Mirror
  • Sample of Face Mask
  • Sample of various shampoo and conditioner (L'Oreal, Tresemme)
  • Coupons for samples from NARS and MAC
  • Plastic Cup w/ lid and straw

1 comment :

  1. Woah, that event looks like SO much fun! They need to bring it to SF! ;)

    xo Carlina
    www.AllergicToVanilla.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving the positive vibes! Many besos,bendiciones and buenas vibras. I will be sure to send them back!xo