Tuesday, September 18, 2012

BBQ Cajun Chicken and Veggies

This is one of my favorite BBQ lunches that I make for the summer. It's super easy and fast to make.This will probably make it onto my "when we have kids"   lunch menu. Hahaha, yes, I seriously have a notebook full of recipes that I have prepared myself with my family favorites! 

This BBQ lunch consists of Cajun chicken, brocollette and zucchini. I marinate the Chicken in a ziploc bag containing olive oil, salt, cajun and a bit of garlic the night before. I often slice the chicken so it cooks faster, and I put the BBQ on medium heat.

While the chicken is cooking, I get the veggies ready. I steam the brocollette  for a few minutes, so the stem gets a little tender, and then placed on the grill for about 5 minutes to get a juicy crunch. I then grab a sheet of tin foil, place the sliced zucchini on it, generously sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and then fold tinfoil up and place it on the grill for about 10 minutes. This meal takes tops 35-40 minutes. Yuuuuum!

3 comments :

Thanks for leaving the positive vibes! Many besos,bendiciones and buenas vibras. I will be sure to send them back!xo